Family's Legal Needs
Westchester County Divorce Modification Lawyer
25 Years of Experience
At the Law Offices of Christine J. Klein, P.C., we have the experience you need for handling modification and enforcement issues in your divorce or other family law case. We can help you understand how to obtain a modification by explaining the legal requirements surrounding your case, which could include:
- Child support: Even though there are state guidelines, a modification order can be sought when there is a drastic change of circumstances such as the loss of a job.
- Child custody: Custody orders are never truly final. If there has been a significant change in circumstances, we can petition the court to modify custody, visitation or both.
- Relocation: In today’s mobile world, people don’t always live out their lives in the same general location. Relocation petitions allow for balancing the needs of the custodial parent to move away and the desire for the noncustodial parent to stay in close contact with the child.
- Spousal maintenance: Over time, alimony or spousal maintenance may need to be adjusted, due to changes in income or because the spouse who receives alimony has recently remarried.
Also, if one parent suffers a serious injury or becomes mentally or physically impaired, the original judgment may be subject to modification. As a Westchester County divorce modification attorney, Christine Klein will take a careful look at your circumstances so that we can meet your needs in a sensitive and timely manner.
White Plains Child Custody and Support Modification Attorney
As children grow up, child support modifications are often needed to continue to meet their best interests. Judges understand that situations and children’s needs can change, but the court will not modify support orders without good cause, which is where the guidance of a skilled lawyer is needed.
The Law Offices of Christine J. Klein regularly represents clients who want to modify existing child custody and support arrangement or change a parenting time schedule. We have the experience to resolve modifications through negotiations when possible, but also can pursue litigation when court intervention is required to protect your child’s best interests.
We also can assist you in seeking enforcement of custody and visitation rights.
Contact the Law Offices of Christine J. Klein, P.C.
From our office in Hawthorne, we represent clients throughout New York, including New York City, Nyack, New City, White Plains and other parts of Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, Dutchess, Orange, Bergen and Passaic counties.
To schedule an appointment with an experienced attorney, contact us by filling out the form on this website or call (914) 449-6749.
- 1 Over 25 Years of Experience
- 2 Compassionate and Caring Representation
- 3 Working With You to Achieve Your Best Outcome